Consultation and Supervision
Alison is currently organizing a supervision group for therapists and school counselors in Boston that will focus on running social skills groups with local children and teens. Topics will include strategies for goal setting, group planning, behavior management, activities to use in groups, how to target specific skills, and communicating with parents. This group will be ideal for therapists and counselors who run social skills groups in schools, agencies, or private practice with children ages 3-18. The group will also allow time for case consultation. Meetings will last 1.5 hours and will fulfill supervision requirements for those needing to obtain hours. Time of meeting has yet to be determined. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the supervision group, please feel free to contact Alison at 781-400-2641 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alison provides in person, telephone, web or email consultation for therapists, school counselors, and psychologists who run social skills group therapy or for those who need great ideas for fun and creative social skill activities. Please visit www.socialskillsactivities.com to learn more about her consultation services or contact her directly at 781-400-2641 or email@example.com.
Workshops and trainings
Alison is available to speak or run workshops for parents, teachers, and therapists in schools, agencies, or private practices. Some of her past workshops have included:
“Creative Strategies for Helping Children with Jitters and Nerves”
“When Friends Don’t Come Easy”
“Facilitating Play Dates For Your Child”
“How to Help Your Child with Conversation Skills”
“Incorporating Social Skills Into the Pre-K Curriculum”
“Incorporating Social Skills Into the Elementary Classroom”
“What is Social Skills Group Therapy”
Alison is also happy to come to agencies and schools to talk about her practice and the groups they offer. Please feel free to be in touch if you’d like more information. 781-400-2641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Alison gave me the confidence, resources, and “how to’s” to get a kids’ social skills group up and running! Her passion and knack for working with kids is undeniable, and her consultation style is equally engaging and accessible. She supported me from start to finish and, thanks to her consultation, I now have a thriving (and ongoing!) social skills group!” – Emily Green, LPC
Alison is a fabulous therapist with a wealth of knowledge and experience. I have had the privilege of working along side of her and was impressed with her way with my students. Alison provides and facilitates top notch social skills groups, gives strong educational support, and collaborates well with professionals. Alison not only provides children with the emotional support that they need, she also has supports the schools that she works in. She has given me great information and resources that has helped me to better support my students.
– “Teach Them All”
Alison is available to run groups or parent workshops at Boston-area schools, agencies, or individual practices.
How do you know if your school needs social skills groups with Alison?
You have students who :
• Have trouble making or keeping friends
• struggle to join in with peers
• Lack coping and or frustration management skills
• Have difficulty with sportsmanship
• Have experienced trouble with bullies
• Appear to have low self esteem
• Parents have asked if your school offers social skills groups
What can Alison provide for your school or agency?
• Skill-based groups: Social skills, friendship skills, communication skills, coping skills, sportsmanship skills, frustration and anger management skills.
• Process oriented and support groups: Divorce, grief and loss, self-esteem, girl power groups, life transitions, and sexual orientation groups for teens.
• Parent workshops: How to help your kids with bullies, self-esteem, behavior management, and friendship skills.
• Professional workshops and training for teachers school counselors: Ideas for running social skills groups in school: Games and activities to promote social skill development.
Why use Alison’s services?
• She is innovative, creative, energetic, and enthusiastic
• She forms relationships with the children and teenagers easily & quickly
• She has a tremendous amount of experience running groups
• She works well with teachers, administrators, and other school personnel
• She will provide a service for your school or agency that is professional, dynamic, and fun for your students (parents will be pleased as well).
For LCSW’s, LPC’s, LMFT’s, and School Counselors
“Alison has taught our social skills groups for over 2 years. She works with all of our grade levels, from 4th-12th grade. Alison has made a tremendous impact on our population. She identifies issues, works with students and resolves problems. Alison also helps teach our children to interact in a more typical environment. I highly recommend Alison, as I can first hand see that she makes a difference!”
– Debbi Scarborough, Founding Director, Cumberland Academy, www.cumberlandacademy.org
Alison has been great to work with. She is professional, flexible, and has a wonderful way with the students at our school. Both teachers and students have commented about how much they appreciate her services. We feel so fortunate to have Alison on our team!
– “Sarah Levy, PhD, School Counselor”
How to get in contact with Alison
For group therapy services at your school or agency please contact Alison Ratner, LICSW at: 781-400-2641
Or email at: email@example.com